16.7.14

MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH MINERALS BB CREAM


 For Sensitive to Normal Skin


This was one, was my first ever BB Cream. I got it in either in Bali or Malaysia back in 2009 or 2010 when I forgot to pack my sunscreen. I remember thinking, man this is a pretty cool find. It's like between a tinted moisturizer and a light mineral foundation.

I don't know if Maybelline will ever release this product to the Aussie market, coz we've got the Dream 8 in 1 BB Cream already, or maybe it’s even the same product with different packaging? But we sure do get everyone’s sloppy seconds here down under.

Whats in it?

This one from Maybelline is a Mineral product, being mineral means that it's produced with little or no chemically based ingredients. The main benefit of using mineral skincare is that it generally does not clog the pores, which allows for our skin to breathe a lot more easily.

The thing that I love about using mineral makeup is that it allows for coverage that is gentle for even the most sensitive of skins.

My Impression

This one is very affordable, below $10. The texture is quite light and once blended well it gives off a nice dewy finish, but I do find that it does get more cakey then the other BB Creams, so if your wanting optimum results blend, baby blend.

It does feel pretty light on the skin, this is probably because of it being mineral. In terms of coverage, I would rate it between a medium to high. So it will cover most freckles, pimples & dark spots.
The only thing that I don’t like about it is that it doesn’t feel as moisturizing, frequent use will dry out the skin. Somehow, I think it works better as a Primer. Weird, I know.

I’ve heard that Maybelline’s created another mineral SPF 50+ so when I get my hands on this I will do a comparison, so I’ll leave that for another post.



Does it work?
Yes.

Affordable
Light weighted.
Med-high coverage.
Great for younger skin.




For more BB Cream Recommendations click on the pictures below:


http://thesummerjade.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/brtc-jasmine-water-bb-cream.html
http://thesummerjade.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/skin-food-aloe-water-bb-cream.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-41641145-1', 'thesummerjade.blogspot.com'); ga('send', 'pageview');